IIS logs can help

-----Original Message-----
From: Sharp, Kevin [mailto:kevin.sh...@usask.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:10 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: tracking offending spam machines

Hi:

If a machine gets infected and sends email as an authenticated exchange user,
is there an easy way to identify where the offending machine is?  Back in
Exchange 2003 you could identify the Exchange version, client IP, etc. of
connections but I've never found a way to do this with message tracking on
exchange 2007 or 2010.  Ideally if we know whose account has been compromised,
is there a way to determine where the email was sent from if they are using an
outlook client?

Thanks

Kevin