Androids lie.  Google "Android Activesync policies".

Carl

From: Derrenbacker, L. Jonathan [mailto:jderrenbac...@kshgs.com]
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 11:12 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange ActiveSync not forcing encryption on Androids???

Has anyone had issues where androids can sync even though your activesync
policy says it requires encryption?

I would think if my activesync policy says it requires encryption, and
androids don't have encryption, they shouldn't be able to pull down email?

Environment:

Exchange 2010/2003(coexistence) - Mailboxes in questions are on 2010

HTC EVO and Incredible running android 2.3.3 and 2.2

Default Android Mail app.

Activesync settings(Exchange 2010):

- Allow non-provisional devices is UNCHECKED

- Require encryption on device is CHECKED

- Misc other password settings are selected.

I made a forensics image of my android(after mounting it as a disk), scanned
it with EnCase, and I can see my emails in plain text.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon