From: Mike Tavares [mailto:miketava...@comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 2:18 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Route company.com to multiple internal Business Units

I have a situation were the parent company (A.com) is running Exchange 2007 and
has multiple BU’s units that are COMPLETELY separate A/D Forests (b.com, c.com,
d.com, etc). Most of these Business units are running email systems other then
Exchange (Mostly Lotus Notes) and are currently receiving emails via
u...@a.com<mailto:u...@a.com>.  All is good as I have 1 internal relay
connector set up that if it doesn’t match on the exchange server it relays the
message to a notes server and it handles the delivery to all of the other
business units.

Now the challenge comes that several of the BU’s are being forced to switch to
exchange 2010 (new CRM solution requires it) and they want to keep using
u...@a.com<mailto:u...@a.com> as their primary addresses. (I will still have 10
to 12 bu’s running Notes).

So this brings up at least 2 questions.

1. Since these are completely separate A/D forests how do I get all of the
users into my A/D so a.com at least knows how to accept mail for these users
(way too many users and groups to consider doing it manually).

2. is it even possible to route a.com to multiple internal relays without
causing a massive routing headaches for all involved?

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to make this work would be appreciated.

-Mike

or send an email to