From: Robb Pickinpaugh [mailto:robb.pickinpa...@anesthesiallc.com]
Sent: 06 July 2011 20:32
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Connecting Outlook 2003 to Exchange 2010 SP1

We are migrating from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 SP1

I have built a test environment (no internet access, no access to my primary
network) to run through the steps before doing them live - the tighter
integration to AD has me a touch paranoid.

In my test environment I have Exchange 2003 SP2 servers and I have built my
first Exchange 2010 SP1 CAS.

I have turned off the Encryption requirement for RPC while troubleshooting this.

The mailboxes are still sitting on the Exchange 2003 server.

Both classes I took and everything I've read said to install the CAS first,
point the clients there, then install the HT, and then the MBX, then when you
move the mailboxes the client pointing is already taken care of.

I try to change the Outlook 2003 MAPI profile to point to the Ex2010 CAS and it
reverts to the Exchange 2003 server.  It does this every time.

I have to have missed something simple, but I haven't been able to figure out
what.

Any thoughts?