As I mentioned in an earlier question, we have run into the named property
quota limit in Exchange 2003.  I am in the process of increasing the quota (via
registry key) and continued to research the issue.  I found an article
(http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2010/07/29/3410545.aspx) that
indicates there is a hotfix for the issue
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972077/en-us).  What I am struggling to
understand is if there are any implications to applying the hotfix.  As far as
I can understand, the hotfix just makes it so that new named properties aren't
added.  I honestly don't understand what impact this would or would not have to
our staff.

We had started a migration to Exchange 2010, but had to hit the pause button
because of a couple of compatibility issues.  I expect we will complete that
migration within about 6 months or so, and would rather take the path of least
resistance in the meanwhile.  If I can get away with just bumping up the quota
in that timeframe, I am happy.  But if we start to approach the hard limit that
would obviously be an issue.

So, can anyone recommend whether it is better to try deal with the quota or
apply the hotfix, and advise if there are any potential issues with the latter?

Thanks
Bill Mayo