From: Dean Lahodny [mailto:dlaho...@harrisranch.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:11 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: High bandwith usage between one of our exchange servers and the
front-end server.

Our company has three exchange servers and a front-end server.  One of the
exchange servers and the front-end server reside at our corporate offices and
the other two exchange servers are at remote locations.  All e-mail comes to
our corporate office exchange server and the e-mail destined for users at the
remote sites is sent on to their respective exchange server.  The front-end
server is used for OWA and Active Sync.  Occasionally the exchange server at
one of the remote sites starts sending an extreme amount of data to the
front-end server that basically saturates the T1 link between the sites.  This
can go on for days, until the remote site exchange server is restarted.  The
Active sync log does not show an extraordinary amout of hits for any one
person.  We are running Exchange version 2003 SP2.

The exchange servers were configured and set up by our server administrator and
he has been unable to determine what is going on.  I wish to troubleshoot this
because portions of our network are being impacted.

Is there a log that can be turned on, or something else that can be done, to
determine what traffic is being sent from the exchange server to the front-end
server?  It seems like some sort of error has occured and the same data is
being retransmitted over and over until we break the connection by restarting
the remote exchange server.

Thanks
Dean