What if you tinker with the "protocolSettings" attribute instead?

~d

From: Chris Boller [mailto:ch...@mahoola.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:53 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Disable OWA on Exchange 2003

Hi Bao,

If you disable http on all your exchange servers then be aware you might
cause problems during co-existince if/when you upgrade to 2010.  The
availability service will attempt to do http lookups for free/busy
information.  I found that out the hard way where the IUSR.. account had
been removed from the virtual server so non admins couldn't use OWA.

Cheers

Chris

  _____