Da: Paul Steele [mailto:paul.ste...@acadiau.ca]
Inviato: sabato 30 luglio 2011 12.37
A: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Oggetto: Schannel errors

Since setting up our Exchange 2010 server running under 2008R2, we've been
getting schannel errors in the System event log:

                "The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal
error state is 1203."

The Event ID is 36888. I did various Google searches trying to find a solution,
but although I got lots of hits about schannel errors, I couldn't find one that
seemed to apply to our situation. Since the server appeared to be working
properly, I reluctantly decided to ignore the errors.

I've recently set up some more 2008R2 servers for SharePoint 2010 and domain
controllers, and these are getting schannel errors as well. The event ID is
more commonly 36887 with a slightly different description:

                "The following fatal alert was received: 48."

Once again I've done some Google searches, and once again I'm getting lots of
hits but nothing that really helps. It does appear to be a very common error,
but as far as I can tell there seems to be a lot of confusion about the cause
of the errors. The most common theme is that the errors are associated with
TLS, but the threads haven't really helped.

All of the servers appear to be working properly so I suspect I can once again
just ignore the errors, but I'm definitely a bit annoyed by the whole thing. Is
there anyone who have found a definitive solution to schannel errors?

or send an email to