James,

Forgive the questions, but I'm at a medium-sized shop and am just trying to
put the pieces together.

How big are the 16 drives you have in, presumably, the 8 RAID-1 pairs ?

Each MBX server has 2 MSA70 SAS arrays directly attached via RAID10 via an
external SAS controller installed inside each MBX server, correct?

That setup just plain sounds really cool and really
intense... technically speaking. Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking about budgeting for something similar to the MSA70 for a
document management project upcoming for 2012.