We had a similar situation, had to install it on a test SQL server (long story)
then move it to a prod SQL server. You don't have to uninstall just move the
SQL Store around. This process is a bit of a PITA but does work. The steps are
basically

*         Add a Standard Edition pool to you topology (It uses a local SQL
Express type instance)

*         Move the Central Management Server role to the Standard Edition server

*         This allows you to remove the Central Management Server (old SQL
server) from the topology

*         Backup the DB of the old SQL server

*         Update the topology with the new SQL server

*         Restore the DB on the new SQL server

*         Move the Central Management Server Role to the new server

*         Remove the Standard Edition Pool

Here is the how to that I used, follow step by step for the most part.
http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/archive/2010/12/20/change-a-pool-database-instance-when-the-pool-hosts-the-central-management-server.aspx

It's a whole lot of fun...