Did you turn off the filtering in the SMTP connector for the e2k3 box? I
think you have to restart the service too afterwards ..

Even though you may have whitelisted yourself who knows what the filter is
doing bound to smtp .. turn it all off.

From: N Parr [mailto:npar...@mortonind.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:20 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Need advice with 03 Filtering

Have a sister company I now support that has been using SBS03 for years with
nothing but message/sender/connection filtering.  They tell me they have
always had problems with random emails not being received.  Sender resends
and they get it.  So I pointed their primary MX to my Barracuda and had it
then deliver their mail over our VPN link to their server.  This gives me
ability to see exactly what is received and delivered.  So yesterday they
show me an email re-sent to them that shows it was originally sent earlier
and not received.  I find the original email in my Barracuda and it shows
successfully delivered to their server.  Nothing is their junk email in
outlook and no one received it.

I have all our IP's, domain, etc white listed on their SBS server so nothing
from us should be getting blocked.  Even before when their primary MX was on
their IP they would miss emails from us and we were white listed.  Am I
missing something else?  I've never used the built in filtering in Exchange
before and am not to familiar with it.  The advanced settings on the SMTP
Virtual Server properties shows that only connection filtering is being
used.  It's to the point where I'm going to stick my old Barracuda, before I
went to the virtual appliance version, on their IP (which is now their
secondary MX) and turn off all filtering on the server.