Entourage 2008 ews or just entourage 2008.  Both use different protocols.
Autodiscover behaviors could also cause this. thx

From: Steve Hart [mailto:sh...@wrightbg.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:00 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Entourage 2008 and Exchange 2007

I have a new employee to the company that's using Entourage 2008 on a Mac to
connect to our Exchange 2007 server. We have sevarl Mac users using Mac's mail,
but this is our only Entourage user. He connects to the server and works OK.
But he is being prompted for login credentials repeatedly. Ideas?

or send an email to