Good advice...  And I want to say thanks for all the really good advice you
provide. It is very helpful.

More... however. I found this blog, and looked in using adsiedit - and the
server is gone from the servers list.

Were you able to uninstall it cleanly? Your other posts mentioned that
you did.

"I've been able to cleanly uninstall Exchange 2003 from our BES
server."

If so you are fine. If you do not see the server object in adsiedit
then you are good.

1.Click Start, point to Programs, point to Windows 2000 Support Tools,
point to Tools, and then click ADSI Edit.
2. Expand each of the following items:
Configuration Container
CN=Configuration, DC=Domain_Name,DC=com
CN=Services
CN=Microsoft Exchange
CN=Your_Organization_Name
CN=Administrative Groups
CN=Your_Administrative_Group_Name_Or_Exchange5.5_Site_Name
CN=Servers

If you do not see your server here you are fine.

James Chong (MVP)
MCITP | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+,
Security+, Project+, ITIL
msexchangetips.blogspot.com