An increasing number of Outlook clients are reporting that their OAB sync task
fails to complete.  I have created a new OAB, set it as Organizational default,
and set it as default on each DB.  I have verified events 3100 3101 (start &
stop OAB generation), and the folders are populating with appropriately dated
lzx files and one OAB.xml.  I do see a 9390 error on the OAB gen server stating
that it couldn't find the OAB.xml, but as I said the file exists in the proper
path.  I have verified the files and paths on the CAS servers as well.  I have
restarted the BITs service and the Exchange File Distribution services on the
CAS servers.  At the Outlook client I see several zero byte BITxxx.tmp files,
but no OAB files.

All clients are using Windows XP SP 3 and Outlook 2007 SP 2.  Migration from
E2K7 to E2010 SP1 RU3 completed in Sept 2011.  Single DAG, 4 databases, 4
copies each DB, and one DAG server at DR site.  CAS array is 3 servers in
primary AD site.  All exchange servers are W2K8 R2 Standard (DAG are Ent).
Domain has both W2K3 R2 and W2K8 R2 domain controllers.  The only system
updates since November 1 was the addition of Exclaimer Mail Disclaimers
software on our HUB transport servers which are also our CAS servers.

Keith D.. Beahm | Network Engineer | Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
1201 Walnut Street, Suite 2900 | Kansas City, MO 64106-2150
T: 816.691.3374 | M: 8168088983
kbe...@stinson.com | http://www.stinson.com/

This communication is from a law firm and may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please contact the
sender for instructions concerning return or destruction, and do not use or
disclose the contents to others.