From: helpdesk UK [mailto:uk.helpd...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2011 10:35 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Outlook anywhere - Exchange 2010 help

A brief summary of the problem.....

Internal names
==============
abc.local ( AD Domain )
abc-cas-01.abc.local ( FQDN )

External Names
==============
abc.co.uk<http://abc.co.uk>
outlook.abc.co.uk<http://outlook.abc.co.uk> A ( External ip = 12.12.12.12 )
autodiscover.abc.co.uk<http://autodiscover.abc.co.uk> A ( External ip =
12.12.12.12 )

user = t...@abc.co.uk<mailto:t...@abc.co.uk>

SAN certificate from Verisign ( covers the following names ) we tried various
combinations no joy !!!
=============================
outlook.abc.co.uk<http://outlook.abc.co.uk> ( Common name )
abc.local
abc-cas-01.abc.local
abc.co.uk<http://abc.co.uk>
autodiscover.abc.co.uk<http://autodiscover.abc.co.uk>

I am trying to configure Outlook Anywhere on a single Exchange 2010 server.
Outlook keeps prompting for user name password....

Went online and ran a test with help off
https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com

One of the errors I noticed was pointing
towards....https://abc.co.uk/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml

The above URL is not correct as the website of the company
abc.co.uk<http://abc.co.uk> is hosted externally on a server and
abc.co.uk<http://abc.co.uk>
www.abc.co.uk<http://www.abc.co.uk>

the above names point to a different ip address entirely so not sure why it was
looking for this URL.

Than it tries the correct url
https://autodiscover.abc.co.uk/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml
ExRCA is attempting to retrieve an XML Autodiscover response from URL
https://autodiscover.abc.co.uk/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml for user
t...@abc.co.uk<mailto:t...@abc.co.uk>.
ExRCA failed to obtain an Autodiscover XML response.
Additional Details
None of the expected XML elements were found in the XML response.
Than it tries.......... Attempting to contact the Autodiscover service using
the HTTP redirect method.

It fails as the ASA firewall does not have port 80 open and it does not need it
either ????

So I than configured the settings below to see if it makes any difference but
no joy. Initially the Outlook Provider was configured with no values i.e. null
an than I configured the settings below.
If I run get-outlookprovider now it does show the settings below.

Set-OutlookProvider EXPR -Server $null -CertPrincipalName
msstd:outlook.abc.co.uk<http://outlook.abc.co.uk>
Set-OutlookProvider WEB -Server $null -CertPrincipalName
msstd:outlook.abc.co.uk<http://outlook.abc.co.uk>

I did run a iisreset after applying the above commands.

But unfortunately it has not resolved my problem. Please can someone point me
in the right direction.

any help much appreciated.

cheers
Andy