From: Joe Pochedley [mailto:joe.poched...@fivesgroup.com]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 11:32 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: A bit OT - ActiveSync and WinPhone 7.5

Unfortunately Microsoft has admitted that WP7 and WP7.5 are consumer focused
OS's...  They don't have the full ActiveSync feature set, but just enough to
cover what most people need.  Even with the improvements in WP7.5, the iPhone
and newer Android phones have more complete ActiveSync compatibility than
Microsoft's own phone OS (which again, hits the highlights of what most people
need).  SMS sync is a feature with fairly limited support across any of the
devices...

Wikipedia has a good feature comparison of the different phone OS's...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Exchange_ActiveSync_clients

Joe Pochedley
Network & Telecommunications Manager
Fives North American Combustion, Inc.