From: Chris Blair [mailto:chris_bl...@identisys.com]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 2:50 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2007 MSSTD Name

I am just finishing up a swing of Exchange 2007 to a new server for storage
reasons. The last hurdle is the MSSTD name. When I changed the NAT on the
firewall to point to the new server, no one can connect using Outlook Anywhere.
The error is the MSTTD is not matching the Cert Principal name, which it is not.

Which is the preferred option?

Change the Cert Principal name to match the new server's name. Will this affect
the Outlook, or does the MSSTD field update automatically?

Change the new server's MSSTD name to match the old server's name, thus
matching the Cert Principal name.

Thanks,
Chris Blair

or send an email to