From: Laurence [mailto:laurence.chi...@jalapeno-bs.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 1:33 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2003 Distribution list oddity

Hello All

a client has reported to me today that, whilst she is a member of the 'staff'
distribution list, she does not receive any email

on investigation a third party is sending an email in to the SMTP address of
the DL

however only 7 of the 26 members are receiving these emails

oddly one of the none recipients is a member of another DL where she receives
emails sent from twitter and face book to the DL SMTP address

comparing account properties in ADUC of 2 accounts, one who receives email and
one who does not, shows no apparent differences

reading older posts on this list talks about expansion server, as we only have
one server i have set the expansion server for the DL explicitly to the server

so I'm a little stumped now and looking for ideas of where to look next, any
ideas?

MS Exchange 2003 standard SP2 on MS Server 2003 SP2

cheers

Laurence