From: bounce-9464685-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
[mailto:bounce-9464685-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com] On Behalf Of Paul
Hutchings
Sent: 07 December 2011 16:10
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Outlook issues after changing domain password?

Has anyone encountered issues before where, for some users, after changing
their domain passwords, Outlook 2007 or 2010, usually in cached mode, prompts
for credentials seemingly randomly, despite sending and receiving email just
fine?

I've seen this a couple of times this week.  The most recent Outlook had the
yellow exclamation symbol on the taskbar icon and complained that it couldn't
connect to Exchange, despite being connected to the LAN at the time - I asked
the user to change their password whilst I watched, at which point it seemed to
connect.

So far the only common factor I've noticed is cached mode, and laptop users so
whilst they can't recall exactly when, they may have been offsite when they
changed their password.

When the problem occurs they are able to login using Outlook WebApp and it only
seems to affect Outlook, no other file/print or other domain resources.

Our server is a multi-role CAS/HT/MBX running 2010 SP1 RU3v3.

Thanks,
Paul
MIRA Ltd

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England
Registered in England and Wales No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 100 1464 84

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the
intended recipient.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and
notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.  You should not copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.

or send an email to