Kind of off topic and bear with me I'm not real familiar with certs.  Exchange
2007 sp2/Ironport perimeter.  We recently added new certificates to our
systems.  Some of our affiliates have established TLS connectors to our site
for mandatory encryption between our sites.   The remote site in question is
running Exchange 2010 but when they try and send mail to our uc.edu domain
name, all the messages get spooled.  If they send to ucmail.uc.edu the mail
goes through fine.  The error they getting for the uc.edu domain is a 451 4.4.0
Primary target IP address responded with "44.4.7.5 Certificate validation
failure".    Uc.edu is our university wide domain name so I'm a little confused
on how that comes into play with the TLS connectivity and mx/a records. Here is
another error reported.

A secure connection to domain-secured domain 'uc.edu' on connector 'UC TLS
Connector' could not be established because the validation of the Transport
Layer Security (TLS) certificate for uc.edu failed with status 'UntrustedRoot.
Contact the administrator of uc.edu to resolve the problem, or remove the
domain from the domain-secured list.

Pete Pfefferkorn
University of Cincinnati Information Technology Services
Systems Analyst/Messaging Administrator
Phone: (513) 556-9076
Fax: (513) 556-2042
Email: pete.pfefferk...@uc.edu