From: Evan Brastow [mailto:ebras...@automatedemblem.com]
Sent: 13 March 2012 19:10
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Archiving (again)

I think I may have asked this a year or two ago, but, here I am again.

A while back I bought the Exchange Archiver from Sunbelt, and found out that
they didn't recommend putting it on a DC. So, it went on the backburner for a
little over a year, and a few weeks ago, I freed up a server and reinstalled it
as a member server. I was now ready to install the archiver.

Found out that the product was sold off to Metalogix. So, I talked to them and
they told me a tech wouldn't be available to do the install (over the phone)
for two weeks. I made the appointment and waited.

As it turns out, Metalogix support is horrible. I've been put off four times
now about doing the install... each time they say they can do it, then they
either never call me, or email me and say they're too busy.

So, I'd like to give up on this product, but I'd like to know what current
products you guys are having good luck with?

Essentially I've got an Exchange 2010 Enterprise Server with just a few (less
than 25) mailboxes and a total store of 155 GB. My reason for archiving is to
get the mail off the Exchange server and onto a separate server, and have it be
indexed so that people can search large mailboxes very quickly.
I don't think Exchange's native archiving would work for me because from what
I've read it has to be done on the same server as the Exchange server, so I
don't think that's going to speed up searches.

Any other products I could look at?

Thanks, as always,

Evan

The Council has launched its Streets Ahead initiative to show how we can keep
Stockport moving during the winter months. For all the latest news visit the
new web pages at www.stockport.gov.uk/streetsahead

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and
are addressed. As a public body, the Council may be required to disclose this
email,  or any response to it,  under the Freedom of Information Act 2000,
unless the information in it is covered by one of the exemptions in the Act.

If you receive this email in error please notify Stockport ICT, Corporate &
Support Services via email.qu...@stockport.gov.uk and then permanently remove
it from your system.

Thank you.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk