Ahh yes, I remember those rumors well (and being stoked about it). At the
time I had escaped the responsibilities of personally dealing with
Exchange 5.5 and thought a genuine sql interface would allow for the sorts
of things we were doing with sendmail and friends at $lastJob. Exchange
might start to get interesting I thought; alas...

So here's a wish which hopefully doesn't come off too much like a whine:

The wealth of tooling in the SQL Server product arguably exceeds that of
Exchange by a fair margin. Maybe someday there will be a mapi bridge to
the land of SQL Management Studio (hoping and wishing). With immediately
available value in things like Integration Services, Analysis Services,
and Reporting Services it's hard to think they're not still thinking about
it in Redmond...somewhere.

Many riches granted the person who builds such a tool!

~JasonG

http://theessentialexchange.com/blogs/michael/archive/2012/04/25/determin