You can only apply the updates in that way on clean installations, not on
upgrades.

I've DCR'ed this, it hasn't been closed, but it hasn't been done either.

From: Senter, John [mailto:john.sen...@etrade.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:02 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Slipstream Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4

That was the MS article I found that said it was not supported, but it
references SP1, so want to see if that changes with SP2.

The blog I found that references doing the slipstream is:
http://blogs.interfacett.com/install-exchange-2010-servers-and-tools-with-the-latest-service-packs-and-roll-up-updates-ru-2