"Resend changes" for 99999 days.

From: Mayo, Bill [mailto:bem...@pittcountync.gov]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 12:00 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Yet Another Public Folder Replication Plea

Short version: Is there a way to request a refresh/sync of public folders
between 2003/2010?

Long version:
I am in the process of trying to finish an Exchange 2003 to 2010 migration.
Last year, a 3rd party was brought in to help us achieve this.  This 3rd party
did everything up until the point of migrating mailboxes, where we ran into an
issue and the whole project had to be put on hold.  The issue is now resolved,
the 3rd party is disengaged, and I am now trying to finish it.

My current issue is with Public Folders.  The 3rd party setup the initial
Public Folder stores on the 2010 servers and made the initial steps to have
them replicated from our 2003 server.  I was checking that everything was OK
there and have found that I have some discrepancies in the counts on a
substantial number of the PFs.  I have done a lot of googling and a lot of
reading to figure out how to pull the info so that I could make the
comparisons.  I have also done a lot of reading about troubleshooting and, as
far as I can tell, there are currently no replication problems.

What I suspect is that in the time that we had the issue that there may have
been too long of a lag in connectivity between the servers and some of the
changes were not received by the 2010 servers.  I also recognize that some of
the differentiation could come from bad data in the 2003 servers, but some of
my counts are off by a lot.

Based on one troubleshooting article I found, I tried from the 2003 server to
"synchronize content", but when I did that I got an error (The action could not
be completed because the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is
unavailable).  I am doing this from the 2003 server, targeting the 2010 server,
so I suspect that the error is related to the different versions).  However, I
don't see a similar option/concept on the 2010 side.  FWIW, I have installed
PFDAVAdmin in 2003 and ExFolders in 2010 to get me to this point.  I figure if
I could force some kind of sync, and the counts were still off, I should at
least maybe get some errors in the Event Log that would help (have turned up
some logging during troubleshooting).

Any and all help is gratefully received,
Bill Mayo

or send an email to