I am currently working my way through an issue with the backup software I use
for Exchange.  In the mean time I have to manually roll up the transaction logs
on a database.  I am familiar with how to roll up the logs log in Exchange 2003
and 2007 and was going to do the same thing in Exchange 2010.

1.       Dismount the mailbox store

2.       Run esutil /mh  against the database and check the results for
 State: Clean Shutdown
Log Required: 0-0 (0x0-0x0)

3.       Move all .log files out of the transaction log folder to a temp
location

4.       Mount the mailbox store

5.       If the mailbox store mounts successfully purge the logs in the temp
location.

Would theses same steps apply to a mailbox store that is part of a DAG with two
mailbox copies (just run the steps on each instance of the mailbox store)?  I
did some googling and was not find able to find a technet article regarding
best practices for  transaction log roll up for a mailbox store.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Frederick Sawyer