Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:04:09 +0200
Subject: Design question Exchange 2010
From: arose...@gmail.com
To: exchangelist@lyris.sunbelt-software.com

Hi,

I am looking on some design feedback regarding what we are about to do in our
ORG.

We are going to consolidate our mail infrastructure, from regional Exchange
2003 servers to one central Exchange 2010 server. We have very few users in
regional offices, so there is no need anymore for dedicated Exchange servers.

Our central Exchange server is going to hold all Exchange roles, users are
going to access it through a TMG Forefront server. We also have an available
Data center space which we plan to use for setting up another server (mailbox
role only) so to use DAG and replicate all mailboxes for disaster recovery.

Would it make sense here to introduce another CAS server in the Data center as
to provide fail over in case one site goes down, would that server also need
the HUB role installed? We really would like to have users use only one CAS
server but i was thinking another could be set as a standby one, is that
feasible? All servers Site A and Site B can share the same subnets and AD site.

Thanks