From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:49 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Keep Service Accounts from accumulating auto-responders, etc.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 8:11 AM, N Parr <npar...@mortonind.com> wrote:
> How does everyone handle it?  Things like SQL servers that need real
> accounts to send emails.  Permanently del rules are only client side
> so they don't work.  Forward them all to a single account so you only
> have to worry about purging one account?  Maybe do something with a transport
> rule?
> Server is Exch 2010.

I'm not familiar with E2010, but it used to be (E2003 and earlier) that you
could specify delivery restrictions on accounts - setting up a restriction of
"only from" with an empty list, or a single null account (say an empty DL)
should work.

It would generate an NDR for denied senders, though, if that's of any concern.

Kurt