Michael,

That's exactly what it is looking like.  Thank you for the response.

Here's another question, just for clarification as to our exact scenario:

We are migrating from Groupwise to Exchange.  In the process, I create a new
mailbox for User X.  I use this tool we have, which logs into the Groupwise
mailbox for User X.  I select all the mail we want to move over.  The tool I
use then logs into the Exchange mailbox for User X, and basically does a file
copy of mail from GW to Exchange.  It works pretty well.  What I have seen is
that when User X first logs into Outlook and connects to his mailbox, he gets
new meeting/appointment reminders for everything that was in the calendar;
past, present and future.  So, that tells me that obviously Exchange is seeing
the mail as new items.

My question:  If I apply the 90-Day retention policy to Inbox/Sent
Items/Deleted Items, before I migrate the mail over, how will the retention
policy see the migrated mail?

1)       Will it see as newly arrived, so that 90 days from the migration, it
starts deleting?

2)      Will it see the dates involved with the messages, so messages older
than 90 days at the time of migration are deleted?

3)      Or will we see some other response?

I can, and will test this out, but I just want to hear your views on this.

Thanks,

Joe Heaton
ITB - Enterprise Server Support