Exchange 2010 Standard (version 14.00.0639.021) on Windows 2008 R2 Standard.
Everything running great until yesterday.

We had major power issues yesterday and the server went down hard, and this
morning I find that two of our 5 databases won't mount. (My email is on one of
the good ones that do mount). Below is the error. I've changed the server and
database name.  I have done a shutdown, startup to see if that might help. All
5 databases are on the same raid set, so I don't think I have a hardware issue.

>From what I can read (if my google fu is any good), my best option is to
>recover from backup (the backup is done daily, using Windows native tools).
>Recovery of Exchange databases is something I've never had to do before.

Any other thoughts/ideas/hints would be appreciated.

Microsoft Exchange Error
Failed to mount database 'Mailbox Database xxxxxx'.

Mailbox Database xxxxxx
Failed
Error:
Couldn't mount the database that you specified. Specified database: Mailbox
Database xxxxxx; Error code: An Active Manager operation failed. Error: The
database action failed. Error: Operation failed with message:
MapiExceptionJetErrorReadVerifyFailure: Unable to mount database.
(hr=0x80004005, ec=-1018)
[Database: Mailbox Database xxxxxx, Server: myserver.local].

An Active Manager operation failed. Error: The database action failed. Error:
Operation failed with message: MapiExceptionJetErrorReadVerifyFailure: Unable
to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-1018)
[Database: Mailbox Database xxxxxx, Server: myserver.local]

An Active Manager operation failed. Error: Operation failed with message:
MapiExceptionJetErrorReadVerifyFailure: Unable to mount database.
(hr=0x80004005, ec=-1018)
[Server: myserver.local]

MapiExceptionJetErrorReadVerifyFailure: Unable to mount database.
(hr=0x80004005, ec=-1018)

OK

Mark Reimer, A+, MCSA
Servers & Network Administrator