This just came in - sure you aren't experiencing deja'vu? :)

http://blogs.technet.com/b/timmcmic/archive/2012/12/04/exchange-2010-adding-database-copies-to-databases-with-a-single-copy-results-in-copy-status-failed-after-seeding-is-completed.aspx

Can't wait to read this.

From: bounce-9565624-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
[mailto:bounce-9565624-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com] On Behalf Of Michael
B. Smith
Sent: 04 December 2012 03:12
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Problem getting Dag group to do initial seed

Well, I just hunted for it and can't find it. Long story short:

Remove all copies from the passive node.

Cleanup all files on the passive node.

Add copies using shell with -seedingPostponed.

Enable circular logging on each database.

Update the database copy to seed it.

Disable circular logging if you choose.

I'll have a blog post on this soon.

Tim

Perhaps I just missed it, and you found it!