You'll need to point out to them that approaching zero percent spam
comes at a cost of rejecting email from real paying customers. Ask
them if they've ever taken a statistics course as part of their MBAs,
and whether they understand the relationship between type 1 and type 2
errors - trying to eliminate one will increase the incidence of the
other.

That's actual money lost to salve their annoyance.

Kurt