That works. But a reply-to of a black-hole is easier and less overhead. IMO.

From: John Cook [mailto:john.c...@pfsf.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2012 10:26 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Departmental Send only mailbox

Transport rule - silent drop.
John W. Cook
Network Operations Manager
Partnership for Strong Families

From: xyz [mailto:x...@minneapolis.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 09:31 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
<exchangelist@lyris.sunbelt-software.com<mailto:exchangelist@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>>
Subject: Departmental Send only mailbox

Greetings,
Departmental Send only mailbox requested.
Exchange 2010 SP2.

The request is to set up a mailbox so department staff can  send individual
notifications to students, but they don’t want the student to be able to reply
and instead get a Reply bounce back – as they don’t want to monitor student

Due to our campus size I don’t often get this granular, but just wondering if
there is a simple way to set a mail box for send-only in the rare case we may
need this.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dana

or send an email to

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information transmitted, or contained or
attached to or with this Notice is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain Protected Health Information (PHI),
confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission,
dissemination, or other use of, and taking any action in reliance upon this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient without
the express written consent of the sender are prohibited. This information may
be protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
(HIPAA), and other Federal and Florida laws. Improper or unauthorized use or
disclosure of this information could result in civil and/or criminal penalties.
Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need
to.

or send an email to