Check the networking config on the second node - for MAPI and replication
interfaces - are configured exactly the same as on node1. They'll obviously
need different IP address... but this looks like node2 cannot contact node1, or
cannot contact the IP for the DAG.

From: bounce-9568988-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
[mailto:bounce-9568988-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com] On Behalf Of phil
levine
Sent: 17 December 2012 17:00
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Issue adding node to DAG

One of my customers is getting the following error when trying to add the
second node to a DAG;

server-side database availability group administrative operation failed. Error:
The operation failed. CreateCluster errors may result from incorrectly
configured static addresses. Error: An error occurred while attempting a
cluster operation. Error: Cluster API '"AddClusterNode() (MaxPercentage=100)
failed with 0x5b4. Error: This operation returned because the timeout period
expired"' failed. [Server: mail.company.local]
An Active Manager operation failed. Error An error occurred while attempting a
cluster operation. Error: Cluster API '"AddClusterNode() (MaxPercentage=100)
failed with 0x5b4. Error: This operation returned because the timeout period
expired"' failed..
This operation returned because the timeout period expired
Click here for help...
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms.exch.err.default(EXCHG.141).aspx?v=14.2.318.0&t=exchgf1&e=ms.exch.err.ExC9C315
Warning:
Network name 'company' is not online. Please check that the IP address
configuration for the database availability group is correct.
Warning:
The operation wasn't successful because an error was encountered. You may find
more details in log file
"C:\ExchangeSetupLogs\DagTasks\dagtask_2012-12-16_02-38-05.911_add-databaseavailabiltygroupserver.log".
Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
Add-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupServer -MailboxServer 'server' -Identity 'company'
Elapsed Time: 00:03:53

Where do I need to look to fix this? I feel like I'm just missing something
small.

Thanks

Phil

or send an email to