From: Russ Patterson [mailto:rus...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:23
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: DynamicDistributionList - -RecipientFilter

Hello All -

I seem to remember that excluding membership in a DDL by OU is a no- go, am I
wrong?

I have a customer who has Exchange 2010 and an AD with a complicated structure -
AD
   Continent
        Country
            Users
                Non-Employee
         Country
              Users
                 Non-Employee

on & on, ad infinitum

They want a DDL with ALL users, except the ones in the 15 - 20 OUs named
Non-Employee. I'm thinking something a good bit less dynamic, like
CustomAttribute.

Anybody an LDAP or OPATH genius? Is there a way to use -RecipientFilter & get
away with this? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, please let me know what you
think.

Thanks very much, as always.

Russ

or send an email to