Yes.

(There are caveats here, of course, and in Exchange 2010 it is a manual
failover.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Maglinger, Paul [mailto:pmaglin...@scvl.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:15 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Activate mailbox database on single node of a DAG

Microsoft didn't say we needed the witness at the colo.  The consultant did
that we hired to help us with the Exchange migration did.

So you're saying that in a 3-node DAG with 1 being at the colo, if the other
two are destroyed the node at the colo will continue to serve mail without a
witness server?