From: Mayo, Bill
Sent: 2/8/2013 4:44 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Public Folder to Room Mailbox problems

I am trying to migrate the contents of a public folder calendar into a room
mailbox.  I found several articles/forum posts that suggests you can do this by
exporting the public folder to a PST and then import that into the mailbox via
New-MailboxImportRequest.  I am having trouble doing this successfully.  I have
exported from both Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2003.

When you export from your regular mailbox, you get asked about the items to
export and can choose “Calendar”.  That is not the case with a Public Folder.
It looks to me like at least part of the problem is that the PST export process
puts the calendar data into a subfolder named “IPM_SUBTREE” and then named the
name of the actual public folder.  I have gone so far as to manipulate the PST
(via Outlook) by moving the calendar to the top level of the folder and
renaming it to “Calendar” as that appears to be the way that a normal calendar
gets exported.  Even after doing that, I still show nothing in the room mailbox
after doing the import.

Anybody have any pointers or a link to something I have missed?

Bill Mayo

or send an email to