I think that’s where the problem is coming from, but not sure why.

I just sent my colleague a Gmail, and had him forward that message to me
(internally) and the headers were completely intact.

He was using Outlook 2013, I’m on Outlook 2010, both Exchange 2010 SP2.

From: bounce-9585031-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
[mailto:bounce-9585031-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com] On Behalf Of John
Matteson
Sent: 26 February 2013 00:21
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Learned something new today

Hi Dave:

               I’m using Outlook 2010 with an Exchange 2003 back end and did a
comparison between headers in a message that came in from over the internet,
and then was dragged and dropped into a new clean message and forwarded to
another system. The headers in the attachment, that were intact when received
on the 2003 Exchange service, were severely truncated when the attachment was
inspected at the new destination.

               Now to be fair, the message that was attached left the company
where it was received and traveled across the internet into another Exchange
org to be inspected.  Not sure if that had anything to do with the message
being trunicated.

               John M.