In the tracking logs, look at the RecipientStatus column. This shows where the
emails are being delivered.

The [deliver] event also "proves" that the email was delivered. If he won't
accept that, you're fighting a losing battle already :)

From: bounce-9586819-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
[mailto:bounce-9586819-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com] On Behalf Of Tammy
George
Sent: 04 March 2013 15:47
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Email receipt mystery

Hello.

A user who reports he's not receiving some emails sent to him from a few
specific users (possibly more).    Our environment is Exchange 2010.

After much testing, we've determined the following (from the user's
perspective):

- all emails sent to him from User A using Outlook are received (including Unix
hosted mailing lists & not)
- all emails sent to him specifically from User A using OWA are received.
- emails sent to him via a Unix hosted email list from User A using OWA are NOT
received.
- I sent a message from OWA to the same Unix hosted email list which he's a
member of and he received them ok.

>From the Exchange server's point of view:

Tracking Log Explorer shows that all messages are being received by the User.

He's searched his mailbox, checked his filtering/rules and is confident they
were not received.

I have message IDs of the 'unreceived' messages as well as subject, etc.

Is there any additional way I can prove these messages were delivered to the
user's mailbox and where they may be?

Thank you.
- Tammy

or send an email to