We have an application which runs remotely over the internet which provides
an option to send out reports as PDF via email.  They don't send out on our
behalf via their own server, but they want our login information for
sending email as follows:
- Server (required)
- Port (required)
- user (required)
- password (required)
- SSL (y/n)
- sending email address (this changes depending on user in application /
required)

For server I am using our public exchange name.
For port using 587.
For user / password I used my info.
For SSL I have it checked.

I did a few tests to get the IP addresses they used to attempt to connect
to my server so I could add them to the firewall and setup proper rules.
 This way ONLY their servers or any other specific server I choose can send
out email on our server.

The receive connector this is using is the "Client ServerName" receiver
which listens on 587 for all IP's.

I was able to send out an email to my internal email address as well as an
external email address.

HOWEVER the email setup listed above is something all users on the
application utilize... meaning the server, port, user / password, ssl
setting is the same regardless of user, but the sending email address does
change depending on the logged in user of the application.

So the successful test was good, but as soon as I use another user which
means a different sending email address it will not deliver.  I believe it
is because the authenticating user does not have rights to send email on
behalf of the sending email address.

So my question is what do I need to do so this works for everyone?  Is it a
matter of creating an email account like sen...@mydomain.com that has
rights to send for anyone?  Or am I looking at this wrong?

Thanks,
Greg