Lots of carriers block port 25 from dynamic addresses with whitelists to allow
servers they know about through

Maybe depends on where you are connecting from

Can you telnet to other MX servers okay? That would give you an idea of whether
its a carrier issue (although the McAfee and perhaps local firewall rules could
equally block port 25 outbound from anything other than a known server

Also could be the server is actually down - is there a 2nd priority server MX
record?