Hi All,

I manage an Exchange 2010 SP3 system:  several CAS servers front-ended by a
pair of load balancers, and a DAG hosted on several other servers.  This is
at our main site.   We have other sites on the East Coast.

Regarding backups, what sort of backups do you do?  Currently I run DAG
backups, but not full server backups (these are hosted on VMWare and I take
snapshot backups of our other systems).  I am concerned that DAG-only
backups might be an issue if our main office failed and I needed to restore
Exchange.

I'd love to replicate our Exchange system to one of our remote offices, as
we have sufficient reliable bandwidth, but the Director here does not see
the point (Director knows nothing about Exchange or it's complexities,
however)

So are there any "best" or "recommended" methods to backup and restore
Exchange?  I guess that since I'd have to rebuild the servers, I would have
to install Exchange in Recover Server mode?

Tom

or send an email to