Note: Forwarded message attached

-- Original Message --

From: Kanwarjit Singh Bedi/Marketing/Regional Office Delhi/General <[EMAIL 
PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: PARENTS ARE PRECIOUS!!

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"EX,GHPS,1988,V.V" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/exghps1988v_v?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

--- Begin Message ---
fyi

________________________________
From: Minu Saluja/Head Office Pune/Marketing/General
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 4:07 PM
Subject: FW: PARENTS ARE PRECIOUS!!


 PARENTS ARE PRECIOUS!!

This was narrated at a Seminar recently on Human Relations :

Venkatesh Balasubramaniam (who works for IIT) describes how his gesture of 
booking an air ticket for his father, his maiden
flight, brought forth a rush of emotions and made him (Venkatesh) realize that 
how much we all take for granted when it comes to our parents.

My parents left for our native place on Thursday and we went to the airport to 
see them off. In fact, my father had never traveled by air before, so I just 
took this opportunity to make him experience the same. In spite of being asked 
to book tickets by train, I got them tickets on Jet Airways.

The moment I handed over the tickets to him, he was surprised to see that I had 
booked them by air. The excitement was very apparent on his face, waiting for 
the time of travel. Just like a school boy, he was preparing himself on that 
day and we all went to the airport, right from using the trolley for his 
luggage, the baggage check-in and asking for a window seat and waiting 
restlessly for the security check-in to happen. He was thoroughly enjoying 
himself and I, too, was overcome with joy watching him experience all these 
things.

As they were about to go in for the security check-in, he walked up to me with 
tears in his eyes and thanked me. He became very emotional and it was not as if 
I had done something great but the fact that this meant a great deal to him. 
When he said thanks, I told him there was no need to thank me. But later, 
thinking about the entire incident, I looked back at my life.

As a child, how many dreams our parents have made come true. Without 
understanding the financial situation, we ask for cricket bats, dresses, toys, 
outings, etc. Irrespective of their affordability, they have catered to all our 
needs. Did we ever think about the sacrifices they had to make to accommodate 
many of our wishes? Did we ever say thanks for all that they have done for us?

Same way, today when it comes to our children, we always think that we should 
put them in a good school. Regardless of the amount of donation, we will ensure 
that we will have t give the child the best, theme parks, toys, etc. But we 
tend to forget that our parents have sacrificed a lot for our sake to see us 
happy, so it is our responsibility to ensure that their dreams are realized and 
what they failed to see when they were young. It is our responsibility to 
ensure that they experience all those and their life is complete.

Many times, when my parents had asked me some questions, I have actually 
answered back without patience. When my daughter asks me something, I have been 
very polite in answering. Now I realize how they would have felt at those 
moments. Let us realize that old age is a second childhood and just as we take 
care of our children, the same attention and same care needs to be given to our 
parents and elders. Quality time and politely answering them with out making 
them wait is important. Now I realize that I must look at their eyes and answer 
them pleasantly and pretend to be reading papers and answer in mono syllables. 
Rather than my dad saying thank you to me, I would want to say sorry for making 
him wait so long for this small dream. I do realize how much he has sacrificed 
for my sake and I will do my best to give the best possible attention to all 
their wishes.

Just because they are old does not mean that they will have to give up 
everything and keep sacrificing for their grandchildren also. They have wishes, 
too.

Take care of your parents. THEY ARE PRECIOUS.

- KEEP THIS MESSAGE GOING BY SENDING IT TO YOUR FRIENDS

________________________________
Disclaimer: The content of this message and any attachments with it is intended 
only for the named recipients. Information contained in this message may be 
subject to legal, professional or other privilege or may otherwise be protected 
by other legal rules. If you are not the intended recipient you are not 
authorized to disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part of 
it .If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and 
destroy the original message. Any opinion expressed in this communication may 
be personal to the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bajaj 
Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd. While we scan all e-mails, we cannot 
guarantee that any e-mail is virus-free and accept liability for damages caused 
by any virus transmitted by this email.

________________________________
The information contained in this e-Mail is classified as Internal

--- End Message ---

Reply via email to