Oye! jaada serious ho gaye hunn assi, raati peg sheg lagaane haan teh cheti
te madhu da hor vaaja vajaane haan...what say, guys??
 *grin*

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 3:25 PM, harbinder malhotra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Jati ....money or job is not the only reason people leave this country...I
> know so many people who have left flourshing business, highly paid jobs and
> big houses to get away from this madness which has become India.Professional
> reason was never on my mind when I replied to your mail
> Reasons are endless but again we have the famous *chalta hai* attitude in
> India which justifies everything which happens in our country.
>
>
>
>
> --- On *Fri, 14/11/08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> * wrote:
>
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: exghps1988v_v Re: Madhu Trehan episode
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Friday, 14 November, 2008, 2:42 PM
>
>
> It could either be choice or majburi but it does not give us the right to
> start bitching about it in public forum. The point that I was trying to make
> was not whether India has shortcomings or not ..........it definitely has
> and even I discuss it with people. All I am saying is that if the Cheti guy
> wrote what he wrote, he should be ready to listen also. Many of our friends
> forgot what Cheti wrote and were targeting Madhu on her comments. All I am
> saying is if Cheti bitched about India, then it was also ok for Madhu to
> bitch about America. I was all very fair and square.
>
> And by the way, due to the global recession, many want to come back to
> India (A recent study on IIM placements that came in FE says that many
> students have denied international placements because of global meltdown).
> They are the same people who once bitched about India and went abroad. We
> also cannot choose our parents and I know a lot of people to do not get
> along. But they do not bitch in the open.
>
> Staying or not staying in India is a very personal choice. We cannot
> generalize it. I am staying here by choice and I am sure there are many who
> can migrate if they want but do not.
>
> What I do not understand is that what was the need for that Cheti guy to
> write the note. If he does not like India .....fair enough ..... he can
> continue to stay in US. But if he has written a note what is so wrong in
> Madhu replying to it. The debate here is not about whether India has
> problems or not or whether someone wants to stay here or not. Some people
> took objection to what Madhu wrote. All I am saying is that if someone
> writes to you, you have a right to response. If that guy wrote his heart
> out, he should be ready to listen.
>
> Hope you guys understand.
>
> Cheers,
> Jatinder
>
>
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent by: [email protected] 11/14/2008 01:13 PM   Please
> respond to
> [email protected]
>
>    To
> [email protected]  cc
>   Subject
> exghps1988v_v Re: Madhu Trehan episode
>
>
>
>
> Jati...for many of us living in this country is not a choice but a
> compulsion by matter of being born here(I include myself).I am gonna invite
> lotta brickbats but I feel there are more reasons to leave India (if u have
> a choice) rather than love India!! I am being candid I know but that is how
> I feel...
> Sent from BlackBerry(R) on Airtel
> ------------------------------
> *From*: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date*: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:43:44 +0530*
> To*: <[email protected]>*
> Subject*: exghps1988v_v Re: Madhu Trehan episode
>
> I understand that Shelly. Till the time people discuss this over a coffee
> table, it is ok. But if you are an Indian, staying abroad, and start
> publically bitching about your country, someone has to tell you to shut up.
> I fully agree with you that every country has problems and issues and it
> does not help belittling any country. The Cheti guy should not have written
> a note. And he was not ONLY trying to point out shortcomings. If you look at
> the way he wrote a note, he was feeling shameful to be an Indian. In such
> cases, one cannot remain silent.
>
> It is very clear that the Cheti guy does not like India. He has already
> made a choice of leaving the country and staying in the US. He should  be
> happy with that. But if he decides to make his feelings public and bitch
> about India (which is exactly what he did), then he should be ready to get
> it back as well.
>
> Guys, we live in this country .... and we do it by CHOICE. What little or
> more we have, this country has given it to us. No one has a right to bitch
> about the country where we live. Madhu was well within her right to tell the
> guy to shut up. Remember, she was not the one who started it. She only
> RESPONDED to his note.
>
> This was the point that I wanted to make.
>
> Cheers,
> Jatinder
>
>   *"Shailender Monga" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>*
> Sent by: [email protected] 11/14/2008 11:34 AM
>   Please respond to
> [email protected]
>    To
> [email protected]  cc
>   Subject
> exghps1988v_v Re: Madhu Trehan episode
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I.P has explained brilliantly what I tried with brevity :)
>
> Jatinder, when i said it doesnt help belittling another country to help
> yours shine in comparison, I meant both The Cheti guy and Madhu trehan.
>
> Look within should be the mantra. Look out for inspiration , and within for
> the shortcomings.
>
> Cheers!
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Check out the all-new face of Yahoo! India. Click here.
> >
>  <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_frontpage_1/*http://in.yahoo..com/?wm=n/>
>
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"EX,GHPS,1988,V.V" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/exghps1988v_v?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to