On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

| Outlook appears to send the server certificate that I loaded in
| Outlook's trusted center.

That's very strange.

Normally, a *server* certificate is sent from the server to the client, to
help the client to authenticate the server.

In some situations, the server requires the client to supply a *client*
certifiate, to help the server authenticate the client.  This seems to be
what you're after.  But as Andreas says, I've no idea if/how you can make
outlook supply a *client* certificate.

However, you mention outlook sending a *server* certificate.  This sounds
odd - there is no point in sending a server certificate *to* the server.
Recall that the server certificate is essentially public.  Anyone who can
send packets to the server can trivially download it.