Marc Perkel wrote:

You're making my point. This needs to be in Exim because it's far to complex to do with a Regex.

I think you are missing the point. It is too complex to be done anywhere. Regex are more powerful than a few lines of C thrown into the Exim codebase. I can't even come up with a way to explain what a "main domain" is in English that would satisfy every case. The only thing I can think of, is to visit the authoritative registrar for each CCTLD and see what second level domains they offer and build a complete list. Then repeat periodically because they do change. Then that also leaves out uk.com which pretends it is a second level domain and sells third levels to anyone who wants one. And the .name TLD is just really screwed up.

--
Chris