Steve Harman skrev:
> I'm trying to add an additional server inside our local domain.  We have
> an Exim host which accepts our corporate mail; mail.ourdomain.com  What
> I'd like to do is add another machine which will become
> mail2.ourdomain.com and to which internal domain users can address
> messages to the accounts it on it.
>
> Sounds simple enough.  However despite all my efforts I either get
> "Unroutable address" or even more bizarre to my simple mind, messages
> addressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] end up in [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> instead.
>
> All I need is to be able to convince our Exim configuration on
> mail.ourdomain.com to route messages on to mail2 that arre addressed to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Suggestions most welcome!

What does your DNS look like? Do both servers have public IP's? What's
in the logs? And even more important: What have you done to Exim's
configuration?

As I suspect that outside senders aren't supposed to know which of your
users reside on mail2.ourdomain.com and which reside on
mail.ourdomain.com, it sounds like your server(s) treat the both as
being exactly the same, local domain, i.e. that mail.ourdomain.com (or
whatever his real name is) thinks that he's mail2.ourdomain.com too. But
I'm only guessing. Please come back with more info and the big picture.

--
Magnus Holmgren