On Thursday 26 October 2006 01:19, Martijn Grendelman wrote:
> If you use SpamAssassin: it has a number of DATE_IN_PAST* and
> DATE_IN_FUTURE* tests.

This is what I use...  but I learned by flat out rejecting on them (by upping
the scores for those tests) that some senders indeed have bad times.

An interesting thing we encountered was a sender hitting one of those as well
as the INVALID_DATE header rule.  Turns out they were leaving the timezone
off of their mailing list software-generated date header, and while they were
sending with a valid PST timestamp, our servers run in UTC so without knowing
the timezone, figured it was 9 hours off.