Hi,

        I've recently started reading on Exim (particularly the Philip Hazel
2001 edition of his book) and I'm just getting a grasp on MUA's, MTA's, MDA's,
etc.

        My question relates to the purpose(s) of Exim and Procmail.  From what
I've gathered, Procmail handles delivery into your mailbox (or mailboxes) while
Exim is used for sending email (Transfer).  From what I've read about Exim,
though, incoming mail to the server can be delivered to whatever folder/mailbox
you
want it to go to through the use of Regex, Expansion, and the routers/directors
configuration.

        Assuming what I wrote in the 2nd paragraph shows at least a little bit
of an understanding of Exim (and its MTA role), why is Procmail even needed?
It
seems like I only need an MUA, MTA, and Fetchmail.  Am I on the right path
here?  Thanks in advance.

VR

TW