On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 21:42 -0700, Robert Van Horn wrote:
> Hi, I have users that would prefer to ignore case in
> their email addresses. tiffany would like to be able to
> receive email as Tiffany, or tiFfany for that matter.
> The section in the documentation about case of local parts
> doesn't seem to fit this situation but I could be wrong.
> Is it standard to put the possibilities in the aliases file?

Not really, no; but this will depend upon where the message is being
delivered to. The docs state:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch44.html#SECID230

"Exim preserves the case of local parts of addresses, but by default it
uses a lower-cased form when it is routing, because on most Unix
systems, usernames are in lower case and case-insensitive routing is
required."

In other words, your system would *by default* do what you want it to
do.

> What should I do?
> Right now, anything that isn't a valid username gets rejected
> as it should.
>
> exim4, cyrus21

I believe this is the key - Cyrus. See the FAQ/Wiki:

http://wiki.exim.org/FAQ/Delivery/Q0626

Graeme