Matt

Quickest (but not cheapest!) way is to get Spamassassin off the email email
onto a dedicated box. SA is a real CPU hog.

Other thing to look at is tuning SA (which is prob a good idea anyway).

See following link for my recommendations..

http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index#getting_the_best_out_of_spamassassin

contains some tuning tips...

--
Martin Hepworth